Luke 11:6 For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me,
This article will be copied over to the blog I made during our 35th wedding anniversary trip, but it first HAS to be posted here for it is far to important to be only posted on our trip blog.
It is so much fun to have pen pals and, in today's world, online friends. You learn so much about each other sharing anecdotes about life and prayer requests as they arise. You really grow close and truly do know each other even though you haven't met face to face. That is how it is with our Lord Jesus. We grow closer and closer to the Savior throughout our Christian lives and then have the blessed day of meeting Him face to face the moment we close our eyes in death on this earth.
Well, I didn't have to go so far as to close my eyes in death to meet this dear friend, but I did have to jump into the car with Richard, drive 1,206 miles, catch a cruise ship in Brooklyn, New York and wait until the 2nd day of our cruise when we were docked in Boston for the big moment!
Meeting my friend Chickie in Boston was all that I had dreamed about and so much more. To see that dear friend in person, to hug her, to talk in person, to laugh together, to ride in her car, to eat lunch (her treat!) at a wonderful restaurant, to go sight-seeing with her as our tour guide.... to feel her love and the complete connection of our hearts..... it was so very exciting and made for a wonderful day that I will always cherish.
Chickie and I are opposite in so many ways: she is Catholic and I am Baptist; she is a Democrat and I am a Republican; she speaks with a Bostonian accent and I have a Southern Drawl..... the list could go on. The thing that totally bound our hearts together was our love and respect for one another.
Chickie, I love you so much and thank you for the wonderful 4 hours we spent together. It was a special treat to meet your dear friends Cindy and Lorrayne, too. Richard sat there amazed at how well we knew each other. What a hoot!!!
Take care, Dear Friend, and always know how much you are loved by this Southern Gal. I count it a joy to post the pictures of our meeting that you shared with me.
Love Always,
Susan




No comments:
Post a Comment